According to the latest news updates, the Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE board is likely to conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET 2018 exam on10th May 2018. However there is no official announcement about the NEET 2018 examination by the CBSE Board.
NEET 2018 is an important entrance test for the students to get admission into undergraduate Medical and Dental courses in public and private colleges across india. The NEET 2018 Online Application form is expected to be released by CBSE Board on its official website by January 2018.
The MCI official stated that “ the admission which is based on the NEET result will begin in Deemed Universities from 10th July 2018 and the results for the NEET 2018 exam are likely to be announced by the First week of June 2018”
In the previous year 2017, NEET exam was conducted on 7th May in 10 different languages at 1921 exam centres across 103 cities in India. Total 11,38, 890 students registered for the NEET 2017 exam (1522 NRIs, 480 OCIs,70 PIOs and 613 foreigners)
According to the news report, the Medical Council of India is mulling two entrance exams in a year instead of just one NEET examination. The Supreme Court of India in the year 2016 made it compulsory to have one common entrance examination for all medical admissions in the form of NEET.
Prakash Javdekar, the HRD Minister of India stated that “ The Vernacular question papers for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET – the all India Entrance examination for medical colleges will just be a translation of the question paper in English.
NEET Exam Important Recent Changes
- NEET UG examination will be conducted in six additional languages from the commencing academic session 2017-18, said in a statement released by the Union Health Ministry.
- The Six Languages in which the exams will be conducted are Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil and Assamese, apart from the conventional English and Hindi.
NEET 2018 Exam Important Points
- The Supreme Court of India , has allowed the candidates above 25 years to appear for the NEET 2018 exam.
- NEET 2018 Exam Question Papers will be same for all states.
- The minimum educational qualification for the candidates must be 12th pass( Senior Secondary), pass from the state board or from the recognized University.
- Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group (General Candidates ) and 45% (General PH), and 40% (SC, ST, OBC candidates )
- The NEET 2018 exam paper pattern will be same unlike the previous year with 180 objective type questions (Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of the exam will be three hours (180 mins).