GATE 2018 Login & Registration, Application Form & Notification – GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) released its exams date for the academic year 2018. As we know that GATE is one of the national level entrance exams for the students seeking admission to PG courses in various branches of engineering and technology. With the help of GATE merit list, candidates secure their seats in IISc, IISERs, M.Tech /Ph.D. programs in IITs and many more reputed institutions of India.
GATE entrance exams are been organized every year by IISc and seven zonal IITs on a rotational basis. As we all know that its help the candidates to secure their seats in colleges of engineering and technology but it also plays some of the important roles in government recruitment eligibility criteria. Desired candidates can check every information regarding GATE entrance exams below.
GATE 2018 Notification & Latest News
GATE 2018: Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website is going to release the Online Application for GATE entrance on 01st September 2017 where the Last Date will be 5th October 2017. The online exams for GATE as per given date likely to held on 03rd – 04th & 10th – 11th February 2018 (Saturday & Sunday)
Note: GATE 2018 Exam Dates have been released now. The application form will be available from 1st September 2017.
|Online Application Form||1st September 2017|
|Last Date||5th October 2017|
|Last Date for changing examination location||17th November 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||5th January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam date||3rd, 4th February & 10th, 11th January 2018|
|Answer Key date||TBD|
|Result||17th March 2018|
|Score Card||March 2018 to Last week of May 2018|
|Counseling starts on||April 2018|
GATE 2018 Login & Registration For Candidates
All events will be organized through online mode only so the guide for GATE 2018 Login & Registration For applicants are:
- Candidates have to visit the official website of GATE and register themselves as new user.
- Soon after the successful registration candidates can access to GOAPS Enrollment ID and password.
- Candidates have to login with the help of received GOAPS Enrollment ID and password.
- Candidates have to carefully read all the important point and relevantly fill all columns.
- Candidates have to upload scanned copies of their signature, thumb impression, recent photograph, and degree certificate.
- When you will be done with all formalities click on submit button
Note: Candidates are advised to take a print of filled application for further use.
GATE 2018 Application Form, How to Apply Guide!
GATE 2018 Application Form: All events will be organized through online mode. So candidates need to fill every formality online through the official website of the GATE/JAM. Since international candidates are also eligible to apply so their Application procedure will be same as Indians candidates. The only extra document they have to provide is their valid passport
Various countries where GATE 2018 will be conducted are
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
Registration fees for GATE 2018 Application Form are:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750|
|GATE International Candidates||$50|
GATE 2018 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Candidates can check Syllabus & Exam Pattern for the upcoming GATE 2018 examination, all the information related to Exams syllabus and Exam Pattern for GATE 2018 is given below:
GATE 2018 Syllabus:
GATE syllabus comprises of 23 papers. Candidates can download the GATE 2018 Syllabus in PDF format by visiting the GATE official web portal.
Papers to Apply for GATE
|3.||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|7.||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|9.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|13.||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|21.||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|22.||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|23.||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
Course: GATE is conducted for M.Tech./Ph.D. Programme in IITs, IISc, and various other institutions.
Number of Papers: Total 23 papers. Candidates are allowed to appear in only one of the 23 papers.
Mode of Examination: The Gate Examination will be conducted in Online Mode only (CBT).
Exam Duration: 3 Hours (180 Mins)
Number of Questions: Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks will be asked in GATE 2018.
Type of Questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT)
- For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT.
- Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers. It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
New Section: In the paper of XE, a new section (H) namely Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences has been included from the year 2017.
Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark.
- Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
Exam Pattern For All Papers (Except GG, XE, XL) :
- 25 Questions (1 Mark Each)
- 30 Questions (2 Marks Each)
- 10 questions from GA.
Paper GG ( Exam Pattern)
- Part A –25 Questions (1 Mark Each). This part is common for all candidates.
- Part B – 30 Questions (2 Marks Each). This part has two sections, section-1 is of Geology and section-2 is of Geophysics.
- 10 questions from GA.
Paper XE (Exam Pattern):
- Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory Section) – Total 11 Questions will be asked. 7 Questions (1 Mark Each) and 4 Questions of (2 Marks Each). It is common to all candidates.
- Any two of XE sections from B to H – 22 questions. 9 Questions carrying 1 Mark and 13 Questions carrying 2 Marks.
- 10 Questions from GA.
Paper XL (Exam Pattern):
- Section P – Chemistry (compulsory section) – It contains total 15 Questions (5 Questions of 1 Marks and 10 Questions of 2 Marks).
- Any two of XL sections Q to U – Total 20 Questions (10 Questions of 1 Mark Each and 10 Questions of 2 Marks).
- 10 questions from GA.
The GATE 2018 exams will be divided into 2 parts:
|1st Part||2nd Part|
|Multiple Choice Questions||Numerical Answer Questions|
|Total 1 or 2 marks||Total 1 or 2 marks|
|Each question will have four option||There will be no option provided in this section|
|Candidate will have to choose 1 from given option||Candidates will have to use virtual keypad for answering|
Also See: GATE 2018 Question Paper / Solution
GATE 2018 Eligibility, Criteria, Cutoff Marks
GATE 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
|Required degree||Qualifying examination or Degree||Status||Qualifying Year|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech or dual degree (after diploma or 12th)||Integrated master’s degree program or dual degree program in Eng./ tech. (5 years program)||Currently in 4th/ 5thyear or already completed||2019|
|B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree in Eng./ tech. (4 year after 12th or 3 years of diploma in eng./tech.) & appearing applicants in final year of such program||Currently in final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post B.Sc)||Post-B.Sc integrated master’s degree course in eng./ technology (4th-year program)||Currently in 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year or already completed||2020|
|Professional society examinations (equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch)||B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Tech equivalent examinations of professional societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g, AIME by Institution of eng.- India, AMICE by Institute of Civil engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||2018|
|B.Arch||Bache8lor’s degree in Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.E-M.S||Integrated M.Sc or 5 years integrated B.S-M.S program||Currently in 4th year or already completed||2018|
|Professional society examinations (equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch)||B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Tech equivalent examinations of professional societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g, AIME by Institution of eng.- India, AMICE by Institute of Civil engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
|Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B. S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2018|
|B.Sc (Research)/ B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Sc. (Post-diploma/4 years after 12th)||Currently in 4th year or already completed||2018|
|M.Sc/ M.A/ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the system Sc./ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in 4th year or already completed||2018|
GATE 2018 Cutoff Marks
The cut off marks will be declared differently by each participating Institute and it will also be distinct for different courses. Various public and private sector undertakings that consider GATE scores for employment purposes will also declare their own cut off marks. The cut off marks will be published on the official website. GATE Cut off Marks, Previous Years Cutoff and Expected cutoff Marks-
Candidates can check the previous year GATE cut off and qualifying marks from the table given below:
|Cut off and Qualifying Marks 2016||Cut off and Qualifying Marks 2015|
GATE 2018 Admit Card
Candidates need to visit GOAPS official website to download admit card and because every process of GATE is available online so admit card will not be sent via email/post. Here the steps for how to Download GATE Admit Card 2018:
Download GATE Admit Card 2018
- Candidates have to go to the official website to download the Gate Admit Card 2018.
- Candidates need to Enter their Enrollment no & Password
- Click on given link of Admit Card/Hall Ticket on login.
- Candidates are advised to take a print of GATE Admit Card for further use.
GATE 2018 Result How To Check Online
The GATE 2018 Examination will be conducted on 3rd, 4th February & 10th, 11th January 2018. The GATE 2018 Result will be published on 17th March 2018 through online mode. Candidates will be able to check their GATE 2018 Result from its official website. After results are announced, the score card will be released by the official authorities. The scorecard releasing date will be mentioned on the result card. It may be released in the month of March 2018. The Counselling process will be started in the month of April 2018.
How to Check the GATE 2018 Result:
- Candidate must first visit the official website of GATE 2018.
- Then click on the Result Page link on the main page of the web portal.
- Candidate must fill “Enrollment Id”, “Registration No.” & “Date of Birth” to check the result.
- Now, click on the “Login” button.
- Finally, the Result of GATE 2018 will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to download and save the result.
- Also, take the print out of the same for further reference.