NEET Counselling 2018:: Schedule Process, Fees, MBBS / BDS Admission
Each and every year Medical Council Committee, (MCC) conducts NEET counselling. The dates for the NEET Counselling 2018 has been released which will begin from 12th June 2018. The NEET counselling will be conducted through Online mode only. National eligibility cum entrance test, NEET is the national level entrance examination conducted every year for the admission into MBBS and BDS courses in different government and private colleges in India. The examination is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE. The AIPMT exam has been replaced by NEET exam from 2016 onwards. In this article we have elaborated detailed information about NEET Counselling 2018 including schedule process, fees and 15% to 85% seats.
NEET Counselling 2018 – Latest News
NEET Counselling 2018 Schedule Process
|Central Counselling||State Counselling|
|All India Quota||Deemed + CI|
|Starting of registration, choice filling & indicative seats||12th June 2018||12th June 2018||25th June 2018|
|Closing of registration, choice filling & indicative seats||24th June 2018||24th June 2018||5th July 2018|
|Choice filling and locking||4th week of June 2018||4th week of June 2018||July 2018|
|Process of seat allotment round 1||Last week of June 2018||Last week of June 2018||July 2018|
|Result of round 1||Last week of June 2018||Last week of June 2018||July 2018|
|Reporting to the allotted college||3rd July 2018||3rd July 2018||12th July 2018|
|Exercising of choices and locking(Round 2) & New Registration||6th July to 12th July 2018||6th July to 12th July 2018||15th July to 26th July 2018|
|Process of seat allotment round 2||2nd week of July 2018||2nd week of July 2018||July 2018|
|Result of round 2||3rd week of July 2018||3rd week of July 2018||July 2018|
|Reporting to the allotted college||22nd July 2018||22nd July 2018||3rd August 2018|
|Mop UP Round||–||12th August to 22nd August 2018||4th August to 8th August 2018|
|Last date of Joining||–||26th August 2018||12th August 2018|
|Forwarding of the list of students in order of merit, equalling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the medical colleges by counselling authroity||–||27th August 2018||13th August 2018|
|Last date of Joining||–||31st August 2018||18th August 2018|
NEET Counselling Procedure for MBBS/BDS Admissions
Counselling of NEET 2018 for AIQ seats will be conducted in two rounds in online mode. After the result of NEET is declared, interested candidates will be required to register themselves for participating in AIQ counselling of NEET, after downloading their NEET 2018 rank letters issued by CBSE. Given below is the AIQ counselling procedure:
- Candidate Registration: Candidates will be able to register for AIQ first round from June 12, 2018, in online mode. The link to register for AIQ counselling of NEET 2018 will be given below.
- Choice Filling and Locking (Round 1): After registration, candidates will have to choose the courses and colleges of their preference and finally lock-in their preferences in the online portal.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 1): The result of first round of AIQ seat allotment will be published online on the basis of available vacancies and candidate’s choices. Seat allotment result of AIQ first counselling round will also be made available here.
- Reporting to college against round one allotment: Candidates who will be allotted a seat in NEET AIQ first counselling round, they will be required to either reject the allotted seat or report to the allotted college and complete the admission formalities, before the last date of reporting to college. Candidates who choose to accept the allotted college in round one will also be eligible to participate in NEET 2018 AIQ counselling second round, provided they express their willingness for the same in the online portal.
- New Registration (Round 2): Before the second round of AIQ counselling of NEET 2018 begins, AIQ registration facility will be open for the candidates who couldn’t register in first round of AIQ counselling.
- Fresh Choice Filling and Locking (Round 2): Similar to AIQ counselling round one, candidates will be given a chance to enter new choices and prioritize their course and college preference in the portal. Finally candidates will be required to lock their preferences before the last day of locking preferences.
- Seat Allotment Result (Round 2): MCC will then publish the result of seat allotment of second round of AIQ counselling detailing the ranks admitted on AIQ seats and the colleges in which they got admission.
- Reporting to college against round two allotment: Candidates who will be allotted a seat in second round of 15% AIQ counselling will not be permitted to vacate their seats as per the orders of the Supreme court of India.
NEET Counselling 2018 – Documents Required
Candidates will need to bring following documents at the time of reporting to the college after AIQ counselling of NEET 2018.
- NEET 2018 Admit Card
- NEET 2018 Rank Letter or AIQ Rank Letter
- Class 10 Certificate and Marksheet (for date of birth proof)
- Class 12 Certificate and Marksheet
- ID Proof
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional allotment letter generated online after allotment.
- Community Certificate (if applicable).
Also Read: NEET 2018 College Predictor
NEET Counselling FAQ’s
Question 1. Where should I report for counselling registration and choice filling?
Answer: The NEET Counselling Registration and choice filling can be done from the place of convenience (including home) through the internet. There is no need to report any counselling center.
Question 2. Can I fill more than one college choice in the choice filling form?
Answer: Yes, you can fill many choices, however the choices should be in order of candidates ‘preference.
Question 3. Can I edit my choices during Choices Filling and Locking during round 1?
Answer: Yes, you can edit, add or delete your filled choices during the period before locking your final choices. But once you lock the choices, then you will not be able to modify them.
Question 4: What are the Quotas and seats on which admission will be offered through NEET?
Answer: NEET offers admissions through the following seats/ quotas.
- All India Quotas
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/ Private/ Management/ NRI Quota seats in all Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or any deemed university.
- Central pool quota seats.
Question 5: I got a seat in MBBS Course, how much time I will get to join the allotted college?
Answer: You have to report in the allotted college within a given time period which is mentioned in the counselling schedule. You are advised to join the allotted college as early as possible.
Question 6: How and when do I register for the Mop-Up Round NEET 2017 in non-domicile states?
Answer: There is no separate way to apply for this NEET Mop -up round in non -domicile state. If you want to apply, there are 2 options-
If you have a good rank, then go for All India Quota or else go for deemed university.