NIOS students are not eligible for NEET 2018
Medical Council of India has reversed its earlier position and has come up with the decision on not to allow the open school students to appear for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test, NEET 2018 examination. This decision has left the students of National Institute of Open Schooling Board in Tamil Nadu Upset and tensed.
In the state of Tamil Nadu alone, there in are 1,125 students studying in Class 12th under NIOS. Also many students have joined the NIOS Board approved by MCI.
NIOS Students Not Eligible for NEET 2018
MCI has put forth the factors for banning the NIOS Students from applying for the NEET 2018 examination
- According to the council, there is no equality between the students studying under NIOS and regular schools as both hold different curriculum and also the exposure levels are widely different.
- The students of the NIOS do not get the required practical training as they do not attend the regular practical training. Subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology require important practical training as that of the subject knowledge, where NIOS students are left behind as they don’t undergo the proper classroom training like regular school students.
- There is a difference in the level of education in both the categories of Regular Schools and NIOS. Regular Schools adhere strict discipline studying pattern with proper attendance systems, strict timetables and schedules. The NIOS is considered to be on par with CBSE and other major state boards of the open schooling format.
- NIOS studying pattern follows the self learning, self paced as there are no classes and teachers. Students study and prepare for the examination through self learning materials and even don’t follow the attendance process unlike regular schools.
- NIOS have countered this argument and stated that they have more rigorous syllabus and can examine students both from Class 11th and 12th whereas other boards only evaluate on the basis of class 12th syllabus.
Well the, decision by the MCI for NIOS not eligible for NEET 2018 examination have certainly shattered their dreams and aspirations of becoming doctors in future. There decision seems to be unfair for thousands of deserving candidates who had been studying and preparing for the NEET 2018 examination